As presently adopted, subsequently amended, or modified, these Rules of Residency are incorporated into the Rental Agreement executed or renewed this date and apply to all residents, their family, temporary residents, and/or guests. Each Resident is responsible for ensuring that his/her family and guests know and follow the Rules of Residency. “Management” means the Owner or Owner’s Agent, and includes the resident manager, if any.
1. Unit entry areas, balconies, decks, patios, and yards are not storage areas. Areas visible to the outside must be kept neat and free of clutter: no trash, laundry, furniture (except that specifically designed for outdoor use), dead plants, empty boxes, storage items, or unsightly objects are allowed in these areas. At no time shall any washing, rugs, clothing, apparel, or any other article be hung out of the windows or on any balconies, decks, or porches. No trampolines, bounce houses, pools, hot tubs, sandboxes, etc. are allowed on decks, patios, or yards.
2. To avoid injuries and damage to persons, property, and the building structure, no objects or liquids may be thrown or allowed to fall from balconies, decks, windows, or walkways. When watering plants, use appropriate containers under pots and ensure the water does not overflow the pots and/or their containers.
3. Common entrances, passageways, or driveways must not be obstructed or used by residents for any purpose, other than entrance and departure. The Resident shall keep all driveways and sidewalks free and clear of all belongings.
4. Garbage cans, household supplies, bottles and cans, and other similar articles shall not be placed outside the unit. Do not leave pet food or other food outside the unit, as this may attract wildlife.
5. No part of the common areas will be used for commercial activities of any kind. This shall not apply to the use of units by Management for display, marketing, or promotional purposes.
6. No structure of a temporary character, such as a trailer, tent, shack, barn or other building, trampoline, bounce house, pool, hot tub, sandbox, etc. will be allowed in the common areas or on decks, patios, or yards, at any time. Owner/Agent may remove any such temporary structure without Resident consent and Resident will pay all costs involved.
7. Modifications to the unit or any common areas are prohibited without Management’s prior written approval.
8. To request maintenance in his/her unit, Resident must obtain a maintenance and repair request form from Management. This form must be completed and signed by Resident.
9. The premise shall be supplied with light bulbs, fuses, and fluorescent starters at the time of occupancy. The Resident is responsible for furnishing replacements hereafter and shall leave replacement upon vacating.
10. Excessive noise and/or activities including, but not limited to, skateboarding, roller-skating, roller-blading, and sledding are not allowed.
11. Running and/or playing in the parking lot is prohibited.
12. Driving or riding of bicycles, big wheels, motorcycles, automobiles, trucks, or any other vehicles, except on paved areas, is prohibited. No vehicles shall be permitted on seeded or landscaped areas.
13. Quiet hours are between 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. daily. The level and/or type of noise emitted from the unit may not exceed what is normal and customary for similar housing.
14. The Resident shall not commit or permit any act that will unreasonably interfere with the right, comforts, convenience, or peaceful enjoyment of others. Residents are responsible for the conduct of their guests, who are expected to follow these Rules of Residency.
15. Gas-powered grills are the only grills allowed for use on patios and balconies. All other grills and barbecues must be used at least 10 feet from the building. No grills may be allowed inside the dwelling.
16. No alcoholic beverages or other intoxicants are to be consumed in the common areas or parking lots unless otherwise approved in writing by Owner/Agent.
17. No resident shall cause or permit anything, including but not limited to, signs, awnings, canopies, shutters, radio or television antennas, wires or cables, satellite dishes or air conditioners, to be displayed, installed, or affixed to the unit unless allowed by law or written approval is granted by Management. Owner/Agent may remove any such items which are installed on the exterior of a unit without Resident consent and Resident will pay all costs involved.
18. Nothing shall be done in any unit, or in common areas, which will impair the structural integrity of the building.
19. The Resident shall not contribute to the disfigurement of trees or shrubs.
20. The Resident shall properly cultivate, care for, and adequately water the lawn, shrubbery, trees, and grounds.
21. The Resident shall keep all walkways clear of ice and snow.
1. Renter’s liability insurance is required. Resident shall obtain and maintain at all time during tenancy renter’s liability insurance with an amount of coverage of $100,000.00.
2. No resident shall keep or do anything in any unit or common area which will increase the rate of insurance on the buildings or contents beyond that customarily applicable for residential rental housing use.
3. No resident shall permit anything to be done or kept in any unit or common area which will result in the cancellation of insurance on any building or its contents, or which would be in violation of any federal, state, county, or city regulatory authority.
4. Owner/Agent is not responsible for personal property left in the common area and facilities or any other location on the Premises
5. INSURANCE REMINDER: OWNER/AGENT’S INSURANCE POLICY DOES NOT COVER THE CONTENTS OF RESIDENT’S UNIT OR PERSONAL LIABILITY. RENTAL AGREEMENT REQUIRES THAT RESIDENT OBTAINS A. RENTER’S INSURANCE POLICY. IF RESIDENT DOES NOT HAVE THIS INSURANCE, RESIDENT MUST OBTAIN COVERAGE WITHOUT DELAY.
1. Should anything suspicious occur, report it immediately to the police and Management. Security is very important to all residents living at our Community.
2. Use all locks on doors and windows.
3. Make sure all secured entrances are locked after use. Do not prop open or allow others to enter secured entrances. Do not share keys, access cards, card keys, access codes, or similar access devices to secured entrances. Immediately report any lost or stolen access device/code. Resident will pay for all damages incurred by or imposed on Owner/ Agent, or any other third-party, and pay any fines imposed by an HOA or other such body, as a result of any violation by Resident of this section.
4. If Owner/Agent has issued Resident an access device/code as listed above, and Resident loses, has stolen or shares such access device/code, Owner/Agent may recover the costs to re-key and/or re-code the locks.
5. No additional locks may be installed on any door without prior written permission from the Manager. No re-keying of any lock is permitted.
6. Management is not required to provide lockout services. There shall be a $15.00 charge for each lost key. There shall be a $75.00 charge each time a resident is locked out and requires the Manager to unlock the door. Tenant must contact professional locksmith for after-hours lockouts and will be at tenant’s expense.
7. The Resident is responsible for replacing all cracked or broken window or door panes and all damaged window or door screens.
It is a violation of federal, state, and local fair housing laws for any resident or their guests to harass, threaten or intimidate any other resident and/or their guests because of race, national origin, religion, disability, gender, marital status, familial status (presence of children), source of income, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class. Owner/Agent will respond to any complaints of such behavior with appropriate action, which may include termination of the tenancy of the violating resident. Reports of inappropriate behavior, including details of the incident, are preferred to be received in writing but will be accepted in other forms. Owner/Agent will not retaliate against anyone for reporting any such behavior. It is a violation of federal, state, and local fair housing laws for any resident or their guests to harass, threaten or intimidate any other resident and/or their guests because of race, national origin, religion, disability, gender, marital status, familial status (presence of children), source of income, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class. Owner/Agent will respond to any complaints of such behavior with appropriate action, which may include termination of the tenancy of the violating resident. Reports of inappropriate behavior, including details of the incident, are preferred to be received in writing but will be accepted in other forms. Owner/Agent will not retaliate against anyone for reporting any such behavior.
1. No Venetian blinds, awnings, draw shades or non-conforming curtains or drapes shall be installed on exterior windows without the written permission of Management. This includes reflector shades, tin foil, etc.
2. No painting, staining or papering shall be done without the prior written permission of Management.
3. Unless Management has given prior written permission, only picture hooks or nails less than 1 inch long are to be used for hanging items on the walls. Adhesive materials are not allowed.
4. No signs, banners, or placards shall be posted in or about the Community without the written permission of Management.
5. No redecoration or alteration of the premises shall be done by or on behalf of the Resident without the prior written consent of the Owner/Manager.
6. No waterbeds are permitted on the premises.
7. Residents shall not conduct or permit the noisy use of any musical instrument, operation of radio(s) (including vehicular stereo or radio), television, amplifier or loud speaker(s) in a manner which disturbs the residents of any other unit.
8. Resident shall not store gasoline or other fuels such as newspapers, empty bags, or empty boxes in the unit.
9. Resident shall not store items in or on oven, except for storage drawers, or leave the stove unattended while in operation.
10. Resident shall not store anything less than 12 inches from any heating and cooling sources, including but not limited to, baseboard heaters and vents, and fire sprinkler heads.
11. Resident shall not restrict any door from its ability to fully open and close.
12. Resident shall not stack items in an unstable fashion. Items stacked in a stable fashion must not be stacked higher than 36 inches from the floor to the top of the highest item.
13. Resident shall not store foodstuffs, paper goods, or fabrics on the floor.
14. Resident shall keep a clear path no less than three feet wide to all vital areas of the unit, including but not limited to the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, bedroom closet,
living room, living room closet, balcony, and ingress/egress points.
15. Resident shall maintain the unit free of trip hazards, including but not limited to, cords running across any area where people may walk, or keeping any items in a manner that may be a trip hazard.
16. Appliances and other heavy items shall be lifted into place in order to avoid tearing the flooring.
17. Hot objects shall not be placed directly on kitchen countertops.
18. Carpet cleaning shall only be done by a professional carpet cleaning service and with the written permission of the Owner/Manager.
19. Pest control shall be provided by the Owner/Manager as needed, and the Resident shall provide the Owner/Manager access for same. If the Owner/Manager determines that the Resident is contributing to the problem, the Resident shall be responsible for the cost of exterminating.
20. The Resident shall not cause any unsanitary conditions in or about the premises. The Resident shall promptly dispose of all rubbish, garbage and other waste in proper receptacles. No trash, bottles, or papers shall be left in any common areas or yard.
21. Furnace filters shall be replaced quarterly. Easy option for quarterly filter delivery available at $10/mo.
1. All trash, garbage, and rubbish will be disposed of properly in approved receptacles and will not be stored in or around any unit.
2. Any approved curbside trash and/or recycling receptacle may not be visible from the street any time other than collection day.
3. All trash from Resident’s home should be bagged, sealed, or tied and placed in the trash containers. All wet garbage must be wrapped.
4. Do not place any burning materials or hazardous chemicals in the containers.
5. Do not place furniture, broken toys, etc. in, by, or around the dumpster. Residents are responsible for removal of such items, and will be charged if they do not immediately remove these items upon request.
6. Boxes must be crushed before being placed in trash containers.
7. Use recycling bins when possible.
8. Under no circumstances is rummaging through or removing discarded trash or recycling permitted on the Premises.
9. Trash disposal and pickup are the responsibility of The Resident. If the Owner/Manager agrees to pay for the garbage service, the Resident is still responsible to use the cans provided to collect trash and take it to the curb for weekly pickup.
1. The use of any parking area or driveway shall be at the user’s own risk.
2. Unless parked in designated guest parking spaces, all vehicles must be registered with Management before parking on the Premises. All vehicles shall be parked only on the street or in designated parking areas. Guest parking spaces are for the use of short-term guests only. Parking by guests longer than 24 hours will require prior approval from Management.
3. The Resident shall keep these areas free and clean of any vehicle fluids, such as oils, etc. Trucks (except for pick-ups and passenger size vans) boats, trailers, campers or motorcycles shall not be parked or stored on the premises without the prior written consent of the Owner/Manager.
4. Per the Rental Agreement, inoperable and/or uninsured vehicles are not allowed on the Premises. Such vehicles are subject to tow at the resident’s expense.
5. Vehicle maintenance and repairs are not permitted in the parking areas.
6. Vehicles parked in any unauthorized area or zone will be subject to immediate tow at the owner’s expense without written notice or prior warning.
7. For the safety of everyone, please observe the five miles per hour speed limit. Driving recklessly is prohibited.
8. Except with the consent of Management, no trailer, truck camper, boat, boat trailer, or other recreational vehicle shall be parked on any portion of the Premises.
9. Back-in parking is prohibited.
10. Each Resident shall keep the parking space that pertains to such Resident’s unit in a neat, clean, and sanitary condition.
For Resident’s privacy and security, we cannot permit peddling or soliciting. Please report any activity of this sort to the office immediately.
1. In the case of conflict between the provisions of these Community Rules & Regulations and any provisions of the Rental Agreement, the provisions of the Rental Agreement will control.
2. Smoking of tobacco or any other substance is not permitted on the premises.
3. Refer to Screening Process for pet policy information. Assistance animals will not be denied.
4. No unusual odors shall be produced or permitted in or about the premises.
5. No kerosene heaters may be used on the premises, even in the garage.
1. Contact Management for operating hours.
2. Laundry room facilities are for the use of residents only.
3. No loitering in the laundry room facilities is allowed.
4. Obey all posted rules and hours.
5. Follow all posted instructions and manufacturer’s directions when using the machines.
6. Please remove laundry promptly.
7. Use of tints and dyes is not permitted.
8. Please report any equipment failure to Management promptly.
9. Residents are responsible for any damage to the machines.
10. Management may revoke Resident’s privilege to use the laundry facilities if they or their guests violate these rules.