Effective immediately, Rarebird Property Management LLC’s policy for social distancing protocol follows:
Definition of Terms:
- The Rarebird Property Management office located at 800 NE Broadway Street, Portland, OR 97232 (hereinafter referred to as the “Office”).
- Business-critical visitors include existing and prospective clients (property owners hereinafter referred to as “Owner” or “Owners”), lenders, tenants, prospective tenants, notary publics, vendors specific to ongoing projects (jointly hereinafter “Clients”).
- All employees and independent contractors (hereinafter referred to as “Workers”).
Workers and Clients must abide by this Social Distancing Policy (the “Policy”).
- The Office is closed to the public.
- All non-business-critical individuals, all those not included in the definition of Clients outlined above, are prohibited from visiting the office, attending property/unit showings or meetings with Clients and Workers.
- All Workers are required to work from home unless deemed necessary.
- Workers are required to remain at least 6 feet away from each other and all Clients at all times.
- Shaking hands is prohibited. Greet or solidify an agreement with words and gestures only.
- Rarebird Property Management LLC’s Policy must be provided to every Client engaging in business activity with a Worker in person.
- Workers and Clients are required to remain at least 6 feet away from each other at all times, including before, during, and after property showings.
- Marketing of rental properties:
- Virtual home tours are preferred.
- Appointments are required to view an available property and should be done so by strictly adhering to the social distancing guidelines established in Governor Brown’s Executive Order 20-12.
- Workers should avoid personally meeting with Clients if possible, using email, texting, phone calls, or virtual meetings instead.
- Preparing a property for rent:
- All hard surfaces must be washed down after the visit;
- Preparing to show a property:
- Traveling with Clients is prohibited;
- All parties must engage in social distancing at all times inside and outside of the home;
- Workers must make sure the home’s hard surfaces (counters, etc.) are cleaned before and after the visit;
- The Policy must be posted on the business website.
- The Social Distancing Policy will remain in effect until Executive Order 20-12 terminates, or additional state or federal regulations prevail.
Enforcement – Workers violating the Social Distancing Policy will receive a written warning requiring all property management business be handled remotely; a second written warning may lead up to suspension or termination of employment. Clients violating the Social Distancing Policy will be asked to leave and they may conclude their business remotely.
For questions, concerns, or to report a violation, please contact email@example.com.