Because it costs us time and money to process your application, there is a non-refundable application screening charge of $35 per person 18 years of age and older to be paid online when application is submitted.
Please review our list of criteria before applying. If you feel you meet the criteria, please apply. To view our available rentals and apply online, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask us.
Application Screening Criteria / Disclosure
1. A Complete Application:
One for each person 18 years of age and older. We will not accept an incomplete application.
2. Rental history verifiable from unbiased sources:
It is your responsibility to provide us with the information necessary to allow us to contact your past landlords. We reserve the right to deny your application if, after making a good faith effort, we are unable to verify your rental history.
3. Sufficient income/resources:
- Your monthly income must be three times the amount of your monthly rent.
- If the combination of your monthly personal debt, utility costs, and rent payments will exceed (60%) of your monthly income before taxes, we will require a qualified co-signer on your rental agreement.
- If the combination exceeds (75%) of your monthly income, your application will be denied.
- Income must have a minimum verifiable history of three months to to be factored in.
- Income must be verifiable through pay stubs, employer contract, or tax records. All other income, including self employment, must be verifiable through tax records. For section 8 applicants, the amount of assistance will be considered part of your monthly income for purposes of figuring the proportion.
4. Section 8 information access:
All section 8 applicants must sign a consent form allowing the Housing Authority to release information from your file regarding your rental history.
5. Your application is subject to denial if:
- You make any derogatory statement and/or show combative behavior at any time during the application process.
- You display any behavior or make any comments that lead us to believe you may not follow the community guidelines or the terms of your lease.
- You misrepresent any information on the application. If misrepresentations are found after a rental agreement is signed, your rental agreement will be terminated.
- In the last seven years you have been convicted of the manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance.
- In the last seven years you have a conviction for any type of crime that would be considered a threat to real property or the ability of other residents to peaceful enjoyment of the premises.
- In the past seven years you have a court ordered eviction, (FED).
- Previous landlords report significant complaint levels of noncompliance activity including but not limited to:
- Repeated disturbance of the neighbor’s peaceful enjoyment of the area.
- Reports of gambling, prostitution, drug dealing or drug manufacturing.
- Damage to the property beyond normal wear.
- Reports of violence or threats to landlords or neighbors.
- Allowing persons not on the lease/rental agreement to reside on the premises.
- Failure to give proper notices when vacating the premises.
- Previous landlords would be disinclined to rent to you again for any reason pertaining to the behavior of yourself, your pets, or others allowed on the property during your tenancy.
6. Credit requirements:
Good credit is required. Bankruptcies discharged, home foreclosures or short sales processed within the last four years due to verifiable medical/ health insurance costs or re-adjusting minimum mortgage payments will require a minimum deposit of two times the rent for the applicant.
You must be willing and able to pay rent according to your lease terms immediately after your application has been approved and the unit is ready for occupancy.
8. Two pieces of ID must be shown.
We require a photo ID (a driver’s license if possible) and either a social security card or a non-resident alien card. Present with completed application.
9. Application Processing Time
We will require up to 3 full business days to process an application.
10. We will accept the first qualified applicant(s).
11. Right to Dispute
You have the right to dispute the accuracy of any information provided to the Owner/Agent by a screening service or a credit reporting agency.
12. Variance policy:
Failure to meet the screening criteria, as stated, may be grounds for denial of application or payment of an additional deposit.
13. Pet policy:
- Animals/pets are strictly prohibited or are limited to the following with additional security deposit: Dog(s) or cat(s) under 20 lbs allowed with $50/month pet rent (per pet). Additional security deposit is $500 per approved dog and $300 per approved cat.
- Pets must be spayed/neutered, and current on their vaccines.
- Pets will be approved on a per property, per pet basis. RareBird Property Management staff must view pet(s) prior to occupancy.
- RareBird Property Management reserves the right to refuse occupancy to any pet and may require documentation for dogs on a caseby-case basis (e.g. graduation certificate from an accredited AKC Canine Good Citizen Class, written documentation from a veterinarian regarding pet’s behavior in the last 6 months, etc.)
- Tenant will be held fully responsible for any damage to the property caused by pets. This includes damage to floors, landscaping, window screens, etc.
- A Pet Agreement must be completed, signed, and submitted with a current photo of pet(s) prior to pet(s) moving in to property.
- An application may be denied if an applicant has an undisclosed or unpermitted pet.
- Assistance animals will not be denied.